Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Sunday, September 19, 2010
I gotta find something to do on weekends. Sitting around the house is killing me. Even just a coupla hours away would make me feel less pathetic. The trouble is I'm trying to not spend too much money, since I'll be on vacation after working this week and would like some spending money.
So how did I while away the hours here at the house? Well I played some Halo Reach, which is good. I think my total love affair with the Halo series has waned, but it's still good. Especially enjoyed playing Infection online. It's kind of a zombie game type. I won't get into specifics, but it's cool.
I then ground out the final few episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender and I have to say, that's a good series. I thought it'd be too kiddy or too anime, but it's enjoyable. It's got more depth and character development than half the adult shows on today. So check it out if you're interested.
After finishing up that, I listened to some Warhammer podcasts while playing Plants vs. Zombies on XBLA. I'm a total junkie for this game. I've bought it twice, played it for over 100 hours on my PC and probably over 20 on the Xbox.
So yeah, that's my day. Tomorrow I'll watch tons of football, but I think I'm gonna head outside at some point. We'll see.
Saturday, September 04, 2010
Once again we return to the gridiron, or in actuality the computer screen that tracks the stats from the gridiron. To be completely honest, I'm having to work harder to get excited for this season. The whole Roethlisberger rape thing really put a taint on the season for me. But I'm fighting through it and will probably be fine once the actual season starts.
But anyway, the only reason anyone reads this blog is for my Techmo Lucky Breaks League rankings and those are inbounds. This year has started with another draft where all the teams are razor close. I'm ranking purely on my own intuition, so don't get pissy. Clearly I don't know what I'm talking about last season I ranked the champion in last place and the worst team first.
This season I feel like there are two drafts I like a lot, two I don't like so much and the other six are crammed in together. So here we go, my 2010 draft rankings. Enjoy bitches.
- LEESBURG LEGHOUNDS - Despite recent presidential leg humping duties the Leghounds clearly found time to put in some research for this season's draft. He's solid top to bottom, with some lesser known talent that could blow up big on the bench. But fear not TLB'ers all it will take is one bad week and he'll make a crippling trade that he will bemoan for all willing to listen.
- Heaven's Own - Kevin approached this season with an obsessive compulsive need to mock draft and all his practice did not go unrewarded. The only questions are will Frank Gore stay healthy, can Kolb make Maclin worthwhile and is C.J. Spiller as overhyped as I think he is. But those are pretty thin complaints all in all.
- Evil Penguin - I thought I did pretty well. My starters seem pretty solid all told, although i need Mendenhall to be a full time back and not split carries. I am concerned that my bench is maybe a little more hope than talent. So I need my guys to stay healthy, but who doesn't? Also I'm hoping to be on the good end of Adam's crippling trade, so I got that going for me.
- F.S.U. WARCHANT - Our resident Seminoles fan had another solid draft. The only thing that scares me about this team is his QB situation. Can Favre recreate the year he had last season? Can he even last all season on that ankle? He has McNabb on the bench, but his fantasy value with the Skins is still in question. Other than that, Warchant is not someone I look forward to playing this season.
- DALLAS DANGLERS - Hard to shoot holes in this draft too. As someone who took Roddy White in the 3rd round last year and was disappointed, I say good luck on that one. He never lived up to expectations. Still his starters look solid, good bench. Not many flaws discernible before the season starts.
- GAC NATION - My brother's inaugural draft in the league and it's a good one. His starting RBs are impressive, although Brandon Jacobs is maybe into the downward side of his career. Some pretty decent WRs, with a lot of potential upside. Clearly the GAC Nation did it's research and put together a formidable squad.
- Va Sixpack - The autodraft did not seem to hurt our defending champ too much overall, although he has several guys with question marks. Over half of his starters are injury risks heading into the season (MJD, Knowshon, Boldin) or have lost some key component to the offense that could cause trouble (Rivers, Fitzgerald). He has some solid depth and clearly has shown a propensity to find a way to win.
- Team Vipperman - Found Nick's draft a little puzzling. I predicted his first two picks would be Drew Brees and Reggie Wayne. Got Wayne right, but then he went with Ryan Grant. Seemed like a reach to me and I owned Grant last season. Jury is still out on Cutler too, although Mike Martz could turn him into a powerhouse... maybe. Solid depth on the bench, that has to be taken into account.
- Innsmouth Fisheyes - Kenneth Darby. 11th round. Hate that pick man. We coulda extended our draft two more rounds and no one else is gonna pick Darby at any point. I think that's the whole reason for my low ranking. I dig your WRs a lot, your starting RBs are good, excellent QB in Schaub (if he stays healthy). So maybe I'm being petty. It's not outside the realm of possibilities.
- East River Rats - I can't really put my finger on why I don't like this draft. I look at his individual players and they seem reasonable, but as a team they add up to iffy for me. Ohh, well except Montario Hardesty. Feel free to start him against me. There is also the factor of a former champion changing his team's name. The fantasy gods do not look favorably on that kind of move.
So there we go, my 2010 rankings. Here's to another good season and me getting all the lucky breaks.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
So I am still around. I've just been keeping it low key, because... well why not? I'm not that interesting anyway. But I write now more out of my boredom than for worry over yours. I am bored. Even on my days off I'm bored. Just not a lot going on. I spend four days watching tv for money and then spend the next three watching tv for free. I'm on repeat.
Just watched Precious, so you'll understand why my mood isn't particularly cheery. It's such a well made movie, Powerful. Well-acted. But it's so brutal. Everything that could go wrong for that girl did. So harsh. I'm now watching The Messenger to continue to mood. I'm about halfway into that and it's intense.
I guess that's it. Not much to say, really. I'm dull.