Monday, August 29, 2005

Stark, austere and minimal and it means the world

Now listening to: Four Tet

I'm feeling verbose today. I think I'm still awash in the excellence that is Pattern Recognition and it makes me want to try to write something good. Don't know if I'm there yet, but I should be writing more. I have no excuse other than my own lack of discipline.

So I think after I finish here I will make with the buckling down for a bit. Although I may get distracted by the William Gibson forums.

This Four Tet album I procured (!?!) is interesting. Four Tet is described as a laptop artist, meaning all he needs to compose an album or to set up a performance are two laptops. That's what the music is made on from start to finish. It's a deliciously punk concept (although the music is decidely not so). It's mellow electronic noise with a beat. If you like Air, check this out.

Odd that I prattle on so much about loving thick layered music that hits you like a wall and go bananas over these minimalistic sounds. I am nothing if not willing to change my mind.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Verizon cutting EV-DO prices?
Is Verizon Wireless getting ready to drop what it charges for accessing EV-DO on a laptop? Reuters ... Take a look at a few of this week's featured deals: Western Digital 300GB Hard Drive Two Mushkin 512MB SDRAM Chips Free Shipping on Netgear until 8/31 Don't just take our word for it, read what our customers and the community at large are saying ...
Terrific Gifts for Spring and Summer. Many Styles! Shop from our VAST COLLECTION of Handbags today! gucci horsebit hobo bag

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great If you a health issue, I'm sure you'd be interested in adhd Stop the issue with adhd

Anonymous said...

Great Site! I have added it to my faves so that I can check back to see your updates! One of my websites is here systemic yeast infections related site. It isn't anything special as I am still learning, but you may still find something of interest.

Anonymous said...

I was surfing the various blog and I think I stayed the longest in your blog. :)
Hmmm... Maybe you could visit my website, it's Guaranteed unique visitor. I setup so that people could benefit from what I know. Maybe you are interested too.

Anonymous said...

links for 200
We've seen more than once how it can hurt companies to turn a deaf ear to the blogs.
Good blog ! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a puerto aventuras site/blog. It pretty much covers puerto aventuras related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-) Tom

NickVNC said...

AHHHHH you've been struck by the spammers!!!! hey there is something about this on the main blogger page...i think you can download a thing that will keep it from happening.

eric said...

Yeah i took care of it. Damn the spam.