Thursday, November 19, 2009

Wall of cocks sequence woulda blown peoples minds.

Been quiet here. Between my constant hacking cough and the mind-numbing nature of my life it's been pretty quiet. I've been mostly keeping a low profile, work, sleep, work, sleep. Throw in a couple of movies here and there and that's it. Shit, what the hell have I been doing? I don't even remember. I did speak of the mind-numbing before and here's an illustration.

I did pick up Modern Warfare 2, which is good, so far, but I haven't been much in the mood for shooting things. Video games just haven't been doing it for me lately. Been more in the book mode, of late. I re-read the last couple of Wheel of Time novels and am halfway through the most recent, The Gathering Storm. It's good, although I do have some questions about the way things are going and how they would be different if Robert Jordan were still alive. But all told, it's not too different from what I'd expect from him. Although turning the final novel into the final three novels does still annoy me a little.

I'm watching Californication, season 2, which is good so far. And I've been watching season 2 of My Name is Earl, which I'm enjoying. I am trying to wring the enjoyment out of the DVDs before syndication annoys the fuck out of me at work, which will take less than three months, I promise. Both the first five seasons of Scrubs and Two and A Half Men are really hard to watch these days. It's even worse with shows that I didn't like initially.

I have been listening to a lot of music. Loads of end of decade lists with stuff I hadn't heard of before that I've been exploring, plus a ton of new releases that merit interest. A few notables are:
  • Them Crooked Vultures: Such a Trip album. It's good. I enjoy it a lot.
  • The Avalanches - Since I Left You: Quality electronic album. Loads of samples jammed together into a glorious hodgepodge.
  • Fuck Buttons - Tarot Sport: The more I listen to it, the more it grows on me, although I still prefer Street Horrrsing.
  • Built to Spill - There Is No Enemy: Magnificent. Love the guitar.
  • Jay Z - The Blueprint: I'm working my way up to the new album, Blueprint 3.
  • The Naked Trucker and T-Bones: Love me some Dave Koechner and I decided to download this gem this week on a whim.
  • Vivian Girls - Everything Goes Wrong: Might have mentioned this before, but I love this album and the girls who made it.
There is more on the way in this vein coming. I got a lot of new music to peruse. So stay tuned for my useless bullshit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo-

Been playin' MWII as well. Friggin' love it, man.

Well, let me back up & say I have played it, but in one sitting. Too damn slammed, but love it. Never thought I'd like a 1st person shooter better than Halo.

LAYG

Anonymous said...

CHIEFS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!