Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Living according to dharma, or maybe just the others

Been a while since I posted, but between work and me being lazy it's been a busy time. Mostly I've been watching a lot of Lost. That show is like crack and I always seem to need another hit. Last week I watched 10 episodes in a row in a single sitting. My tendency toward slothlike behavior is astounding, I know. But yeah, I finally finished Season 4 tonight. Only one more to go and I'm all caught up. Then I'll be in the situation to have to watch the final season week to week, which will be painful, I'm sure.

I discovered tonight that I have Vs., The NHL Network and, most importantly, The NFL Network. This seems like something I should have known, but I didn't. Basically because I can't get the HD feeds and this annoyed me to the point where I stopped looking in frustration. So now I have even more things to waste my time. Woohoo.

I finished this book called The Men Who Stare At Goats, which is about the US governments research into paranormal solutions to military/intelligence problems. It's a very strange account. Lots of things brought up that seem just absurd enough to be true. It's being made into a movie and the trailer interested me and I saw the book and picked it up.

Makes you curious which of the paranormal things in the book actually work. Making goats die with your mind, psychic locating, invisibility, the death touch. Some of the products of this type of research is real. That foam they use to immobilize people, blaring loud music and flashing lights as an interrogation tactic. The idea that the whole Abu Ghraib photo debacle was actually ordered by high level intelligence officers as leverage against detained Arabs. So strange. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors... doors that require serious security clearance.

No comments: