But anyway, the only reason anyone reads this blog is for my Techmo Lucky Breaks League rankings and those are inbounds. This year has started with another draft where all the teams are razor close. I'm ranking purely on my own intuition, so don't get pissy. Clearly I don't know what I'm talking about last season I ranked the champion in last place and the worst team first.
This season I feel like there are two drafts I like a lot, two I don't like so much and the other six are crammed in together. So here we go, my 2010 draft rankings. Enjoy bitches.
- LEESBURG LEGHOUNDS - Despite recent presidential leg humping duties the Leghounds clearly found time to put in some research for this season's draft. He's solid top to bottom, with some lesser known talent that could blow up big on the bench. But fear not TLB'ers all it will take is one bad week and he'll make a crippling trade that he will bemoan for all willing to listen.
- Heaven's Own - Kevin approached this season with an obsessive compulsive need to mock draft and all his practice did not go unrewarded. The only questions are will Frank Gore stay healthy, can Kolb make Maclin worthwhile and is C.J. Spiller as overhyped as I think he is. But those are pretty thin complaints all in all.
- Evil Penguin - I thought I did pretty well. My starters seem pretty solid all told, although i need Mendenhall to be a full time back and not split carries. I am concerned that my bench is maybe a little more hope than talent. So I need my guys to stay healthy, but who doesn't? Also I'm hoping to be on the good end of Adam's crippling trade, so I got that going for me.
- F.S.U. WARCHANT - Our resident Seminoles fan had another solid draft. The only thing that scares me about this team is his QB situation. Can Favre recreate the year he had last season? Can he even last all season on that ankle? He has McNabb on the bench, but his fantasy value with the Skins is still in question. Other than that, Warchant is not someone I look forward to playing this season.
- DALLAS DANGLERS - Hard to shoot holes in this draft too. As someone who took Roddy White in the 3rd round last year and was disappointed, I say good luck on that one. He never lived up to expectations. Still his starters look solid, good bench. Not many flaws discernible before the season starts.
- GAC NATION - My brother's inaugural draft in the league and it's a good one. His starting RBs are impressive, although Brandon Jacobs is maybe into the downward side of his career. Some pretty decent WRs, with a lot of potential upside. Clearly the GAC Nation did it's research and put together a formidable squad.
- Va Sixpack - The autodraft did not seem to hurt our defending champ too much overall, although he has several guys with question marks. Over half of his starters are injury risks heading into the season (MJD, Knowshon, Boldin) or have lost some key component to the offense that could cause trouble (Rivers, Fitzgerald). He has some solid depth and clearly has shown a propensity to find a way to win.
- Team Vipperman - Found Nick's draft a little puzzling. I predicted his first two picks would be Drew Brees and Reggie Wayne. Got Wayne right, but then he went with Ryan Grant. Seemed like a reach to me and I owned Grant last season. Jury is still out on Cutler too, although Mike Martz could turn him into a powerhouse... maybe. Solid depth on the bench, that has to be taken into account.
- Innsmouth Fisheyes - Kenneth Darby. 11th round. Hate that pick man. We coulda extended our draft two more rounds and no one else is gonna pick Darby at any point. I think that's the whole reason for my low ranking. I dig your WRs a lot, your starting RBs are good, excellent QB in Schaub (if he stays healthy). So maybe I'm being petty. It's not outside the realm of possibilities.
- East River Rats - I can't really put my finger on why I don't like this draft. I look at his individual players and they seem reasonable, but as a team they add up to iffy for me. Ohh, well except Montario Hardesty. Feel free to start him against me. There is also the factor of a former champion changing his team's name. The fantasy gods do not look favorably on that kind of move.
So there we go, my 2010 rankings. Here's to another good season and me getting all the lucky breaks.