Wednesday, August 29, 2007

One through 10

I know some of you are waiting on my fantasy football ratings (and some of you definitely aren't). But here they are, either way. Before I'd start I'd like to note that this is the most even draft we've had in the Techmo Lucky Break League and ranking them is incredibly difficult. Anyone could win and if a couple of things pan out or an injury occurs these will be way off. Still, as of two days after the draft, here's how I think things are:

  1. Team Vipperman - He had LaDainian Tomlinson and a powerhouse trio of WRs. I don't know how Nick manages it, but he always has a monster draft. His biggest questions is his second RB, E. James. No guarantees, but Team Vip looks like a contender.
  2. Warchant - Almost rated Cal first, it's really close. His WRs could be a bit better, with TO being the only standout. But he does have a nice stable of RBs and Carson Palmer. Gonna be a tough opponent.
  3. The Evil Penguin - Honestly I could have rated myself a couple of spots lower and it wouldn't be unreasonable, but I believe in my guys. My RBs are pretty solid (so far) and my starting WRs are good as well. MY WR depth could be better, but I don't have a glaring fault out of the draft, although I really need Maurice Jones-Drew to come through again this season.
  4. LEESBURG LEGHOUNDS - Again, I could have pretty much interchanged the 3-6 spots and been reasonable, we are all neck and neck. The Leghounds big questions are his WRs and the question of how Larry Johnson is gonna be with a less than stellar O-Line. Pretty good top to bottom.
  5. DALLAS DANGLERS - Last year's champ did not have the killer draft he had last season, but remained respectable. He went with a lot of unproven talent that if it pans out could be dominant, but at this point the questions are big. Also QB could turn into a big problem if his longshots don't pay off.
  6. Heavens Own - May be underrating the heavenly host here, but I'm allowed some flaws. He is pretty solid across the board, my biggest knock on him being depth both among RBs and WRs. If his starters stay healthy he will be in contention, but if not it could be bedlam.
  7. Hudson Street Hellraisers - Solid QBs, but some questions at RB and WR. Also I'm not sold on his defenses. Again depth is the big problem here.
  8. Innsmouth Fish-eyes - A solid rookie outing, with a couple of rookie mistakes. Running back depth is a serious concern, (particularly with Brian Westbrook). Honestly that's about the only big problem, but it's a big, big problem if things go awry.
  9. St. Nick Kringles - His draft philosophy is completely different from mine, so the low ranking may be partly caused by that. Still his RBs have questions and aren't terribly deep. Of course, Peyton could pick this team up and carry them to victory.
  10. The Zors - Another rookie, who has some questions on his squad. His RB depth is suspect (particularly with Portis). Also not sure about his defenses being top notch.
Well there you have it. I would like to restate that there are no gimmes this season. Every week you need your team to show up or you are gonna suffer an ignominous defeat. It's gonna be nerve racking, but I gotta tell you, I'm gonna win this motherfucker. The Evil Penguin refuses to lose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lies! All LIES!!!