Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Game over man, game fucking over

Another abyssmal weekend saved by the Steelers. Other than them winning, every other thing seems to go wrong for me of late. I can't seem to make the right choices, everything is underwhelming and I'm just confronted by this malaise that makes it hard to get out of bed in the afternoon. Bah.

So, once again, I will tell you of all my methods of escapism and review them. Watched Heroes tonight and that remains excellent. My only problem is that I have a hard time remembering what has happened in the past of the series and get lost. Also I really wish I could just watch it on DVD all at once instead of week to week. It sticks better that way and I'm not forced into not knowing stuff with cliffhangers.

I finally finished re-watching season 3 of Deadwood and it makes me sad. There are so many questions that remain and they will never be answered. If only HBO weren't such horrible cocksuckers and had let that show end properly.

I also finished watching season 3 of Weeds and I don't think I'm gonna watch any more. The more I watch it, the less I like the main character. She just bumbles through and sleeps with everyone and deals drugs. Also she's a horrible mother. My patience is at an end with this nonsense.

Borrowed the Aliens Quadrilogy from Trip and watched Aliens tonight. Yes, I started with the second one. I've seen the first plenty and want to watch the last three. I've never even seen the fourth one. I've heard mixed reviews. Anyway tomorrow I will probably try to get through the third.

Currently I'm reading Mike Mignola's (of Hellboy fame) Baltimore. It's about vampires and World War I, a collection of zombie stories and a comic called Pooch Cafe. There are actually a couple of other books I'm in the middle of at the moment, but I'm not seriously picking them up for a while because they don't fit my mood. I'm in a very Halloween, October horror place lately.

No comments: