Friday, November 30, 2007

Black-eyed zombie of television

It's been a tough week. Working loads of overtime with little or no time for myself and just feeling grumpy, bitter and generally lugubrious. So much overtime means I have plenty of time to sit around and think about how bad I feel lately.

That all sounds like a lot of whining, I'm sure, but that's how I feel. The last two months have been absurdly bad. I keep waiting for something to break out and be good, but it hasn't. Instead some small shitty thing happens to make me feel worse, like my iPod dying. Maybe December will be better... I don't know how much worse I can stand.

I finally finished Monster Planet, the final novel of David Wellington's zombie trilogy. It was ok, but the series got progressively worse. The first couple were worth the effort, don't know if I'd say the same for the third.

Watched Pushing Daisies, which continues to deliver. If this show can stay afloat ratings-wise (it's quirky and I enjoy it, which usually spells doom for a show) I predict it will get better and better.

Anyway I'm off. I have two more 12 hour shifts and then I get a few days off. I will need them desperately.

No comments: