Monday, December 17, 2007

Another Christmas Beer

Last night, after I got home from work (mmm overtime) I went batshit crazy wrapping presents. In the past I haven't really wrapped gifts for any occasion. But it occured to me last year that unwrapping a gift adds an air of mystery that pulling it out of a bag doesn't supply. Even if you get a shitty gift, at least for a few seconds the possibilities are endless. That said, my wrapping skills are suspect.

Today was a busy day. I got up way early (for me). I ran a ton of errands, went to the library, got my oil changed and did some last minute xmas shopping (although I only ended up buying stuff for me). I picked up a new jacket that I like, Columbia makes good stuff too.

I bought a new office chair so I can sit my fat ass in front of the computer in comfort. My old one was screwy and had started to scratch the floor. So I shifted to the one that Danny gave me and had been in my room, which made me remember why I got rid of it. It was nice, leather upholster and everything, but it had one flaw. It felt like it was trying to eject you into the floor the whole time you sat in it.

So I spent way too much money on a new one that I like. I learned long ago that going cheap costs you more in the long run. Especially with my huge ass. I spent a good portion of the evening putting it together.

Now I'm enjoying a tasty glass of red wine a la France and watching Monday Night Football. Sweet relaxation. I got four more days of work before my vacation and I can't wait. I'm gonna be super-fucking-busy over the holiday, but it should be a good type of busy. Lots of people to see and things to do. Almost like I have a life... but not really.

No comments: