Monday, December 10, 2007

See ya later jerks

A lot of topics to cover here today. Firstly, The Evil Penguin has been utterly removed from the playoff picture, sadly. It hasn't seemed likely for quite a while, but today removed even the remotest of possibilities. That coupled with the Steelers losing to the dread-Patriots has made me turn my interest from football into an even more dangerous sport... the illustrious Pro Thunderball!!! Those interested in the rules should check here first and then go here to research the league. I root for the Austin Vampirebots mostly, but also have a soft spot in my heart for the Lancaster Amish Rakefighters.

Saturday I was in Ukrops looking for something to eat for dinner in the deli. The bistro meals look good, but I never get them because you have to talk to the guy and tell him what you want. It occured to me that most people wouldn't be bothered by asking a few questions and getting what they wanted while I just avoid the social interaction.

I thought about it for a while and realized I always do that sort of thing. I mean, noone should be surprised that I'm antisocial, I suppose, but I never realize how ingrained it is until something like this happens. I put off having my haircut so I don't have to talk to whoever cuts it. I hate being forced into conversation at work. I sit as far away as possible from people in restaurants. I don't suppose I really have a point, I just noticed it.

Trip and I ended up watching the new Futurama movie, Bender's Big Score tonight and it was excellent. I love me some Futurama. My only complaint, not enough Kif. But you can't have everything.

No comments: