Friday, May 09, 2008

true incoherence and randomness

So I've been banished from the digital realm the last few days. Turns out my router has some kinda problem. Of course, I had to figure that out for myself, since the people at Comcast tech support are too dumb to convert oxygen into carbon dioxide. I think they must do the opposite. That's right, they are so dense I'm positing them as plant life. Sad really.

But anyway, I gotta get a new router, which kinda blows since I seems like I just bought one. I guess it's been a few years. Time flies and then you have to replace your electronic equipment. Also I gotta say, I'm not sure I can survive without the internet anymore. Life seems so vapid and empty. I'm used to being able to look up any fact, no matter how obscure, on a moment's notice. Also no email, no news, no podcasts... it's unbearable. I'd hook it straight into my veins if possible.

Had a bear of a night at work last night. Lots of thunder, lightning and tornado action. Warning beepers going off everywhere, equipment failing basically shit hitting the fan. Fortunately I wasn't at the helm for all of this. I was just a bystander who tried to help mostly by being unobtrusive and going about my everyday duties while the building collapsed around me (metaphorically speaking).

What else is new... Trip and I got good and drunk Sunday evening. We went with a quatro de Mayo celebration, getting a jump on everyone else. It all started when I realized how good margaritas are while at MiRanchito. Of course, this was something I already knew, but it was a rediscovering of lime-y deliciousness followed shortly thereafter by a quality tequila buzz. So when we got back to Trip's place I mixed up a coupla margaritas there too for Trip and myself. I actually mixed four of them and used half a fifth of tequila in those. I got rip-roaring silly.

I also got to hang with Kevin some on Tuesday evening, as he returned from visiting Langdon in the hospital in Winston Salem. (Here's a shoutout to Langdon to get well soon.) We watched some tv, including the ever-popular Hell's Kitchen. We shouted PETROZZA!!! quite a bit and had a good time.

No comments: