Sunday, May 04, 2008

Let's start a war

I know, I know. I haven't updated in a while. I'd say I've been busy, but really I'm just lazy. There is also the fact that I haven't done a whole lot of interesting stuff either. Basically just working, watching tv and playing games. We're in sweeps now so work requires a bit more attention and effort. Got to run a NASCAR race last night, which actually went pretty smoothly. But it was a pain.

I saw the Harold and Kumar sequel and it's good. If you liked the first one, you'll appreciate the second. I was amused. I'm saying this movie has potential, but it will need to bear repeated viewings to get up that high. filet mignon

I also started Netflixing the first season of Battlestar Galactica. Yes, I know I'm a huge nerd. No arguments here, but it's pretty good. I'm a coupla discs in and I dig it. I like the Firefly-esque space camera work i.e. the outer space cg shots look like they were shot by an actual camera, not just a god mode view that keeps everything centered and in focus. It adds to the level of immersion. Also the concept of humanity creating artificial intelligences that want to kill them is interesting. What would make them come to the decision to genocide their creators. Hoping this is explored in depth. There is also the nostalgia factor as I always dug the old school cylons oscillating eye when I was a kid.

Alright, that's enough for now. I'm going to bed, it's been a long week.

No comments: