Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I may be dull, but at least I'm nerdy

My days off have flown by and I can hardly believe I have to go back to work tomorrow. Sunday Jill and I went out to Greensboro for dinner and a movie, but the movie thing didn't pan out as there wasn't anything we really wanted to see. So we walked around Target then hit up the Olive Garden. I know it's like the most generic white people night possible, but I had fun.

Haven't done anything unusual. Played video games, had dinner with Trip, watched a bunch of tv. I watched Walk Hard, which was pretty funny. Occasionally it went a little too far down the self aware parody line, but enjoyable overall. I'm saying foot massage levels. I just watched Beowulf, which actually was better than I thought it would be. The animation was pretty nice and it definitely attacked adult themes. I was expecting the usual PG-13 nonsense. So I'd give it a foot massage as well, if you're in the mood for an actiony animated movie.

I also read the second and third graphic novels of The Walking Dead, a zombie comic book, and it's amazing. Amazing depth, I'd recommend it to anyone with even a marginal appreciation for zombies and intense stories. I'll be buying more of them the next time I decide I have some discretionary income.

No comments: