Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A long week

Seems it's been an eventful week since my last post. I'm on vacation, I bought a new computer, I turned 34 and there was something in the news about some elections going on.

OMFG I now live in a blue state! How did that happen? We have a black president! A few years ago who thought that could happen? It's altogether shocking.

But I won't get into all of that. It's been pretty much run into the ground by the news networks at this point. I think at this point everyone just wants to forget about politics for a little while and earnestly believe that maybe the new guys can be trusted. I know that probably isn't really the case, but escapism is my raison d'etre.

My vacation is proceeding as planned, although I'm a little short on cash. I may not let that constrain me too much tho, as it is my vacation. Within reason anyway. I don't have any big plans really. Play some video games, watch some movies, read some books. I may even try to get up the energy to do some writing at some point. I've been thinking about it lately and having a new laptop to type on is a good excuse.

I managed to not go too berserk buying it, settling for a low end computer, which, honestly, meets all my needs. It's an HP with a T5800 dual core processor, 4 gigs of RAM and 250 gig hard drive. Quite a step up from my craptacular Dell. Not just in stats either, it's so much better designed that it's almost absurd.

I am still getting used to Vista and trying to get everything working as I like it. I spent five hours Sunday fiddling with iTunes to get everything just right. I'm fucking anal about my music. Hell my cds are all alphabatized by artist (with special sections for soundtracks and compilations) so it's an ongoing trend. If only I could get other aspects of my life organized that way.

No comments: