Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wasted week or sweet relaxation?

So I've been wasting my vacation fairly effectively. Watched a lot of movies, played some games, watched some tv and ate a lot of junk food. I'm not gonna complain because having the opportunity to destress was greatly needed and traveling always causes me stress. Sitting on my ass, does not.

I did leave the nest tonight to go out to dinner with Jill. We decided to stay in Martinsville and see what fun we could find. Short answer, not a lot. Don't get me wrong, we had an ok time, but Martinsville is pretty lame on Friday night. We got some Japanese food, hibachi for her, sushi for me then hit Walmart, then hit a bar and got a drink and decided to call it a night. Not setting the world on fire, but our options were severely limited.

So what movies have I watched? I'll list em up.

  • Kung Fu Panda: Hits a lot of nerd points with me and I really dig it. Have watched it twice already.
  • Get Smart: Steve Carell is very funny, Anne Hathaway is painfully hot.
  • Eastern Promises: Slow moving, but interesting. I dig the Russian mafia flavor. Viggo Mortensen is very good.
  • Definitely, Maybe: Chick flick, but not bad. Ryan Reynolds amuses me and Isla Fisher, Rachel Wiesz and Elizabeth Banks are not hard on the eyes.
  • Baby Mama: Good clean fun. Always got time for Amy Poehler and Tina Fey.
  • Bender's Game: My favorite of the new Futurama movies. It skews very nerdy and that amuses me. I acknowledge this makes me a King nerd.
Been playing a lot of NHL 09 with Trip and I still can't figure out how to score consistently. Trip's starting to beat me and that is a huge problem. Been playing Call of Duty: World at War and it's really good. I know a lot of people were annoyed with the return to WW2, but I have no problem. Also started Fable 2, but haven't made it very far. Still hasn't caught me properly. Gears of War 2 is also waiting in the wings and I'll be damned if Left4Dead doesn't look like a must buy. All these incredible games out at the same time is killing my budget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Don't get me wrong, we had an ok time, but Martinsville is pretty lame on Friday night."

Try every night...

Please remove the ice pick from my retina.