Sunday, November 02, 2008

Apples filled with razors

Ahh yes, another fun filled week. Seems like I've been working a lot lately and it's not getting any easier this week. I work Tuesday because it's election night. Stunner. But at least when I finish up the week I get a full ten days off. That's right, vacation for E. I don't think I'm really gonna do a lot, just laze around, play some video games and read. May try to clean up my room, which I desperately need to do.

Anyway, Halloween blew. I worked and there weren't even any really good Halloween programs playing. Couple of overly crappy horror movies, Bravo's 100 scariest movie moments (which they showed almost non-stop all week long) and The Davinci Code. Ok I know that scared the crap out of the Catholic Church, but come on it's hardly Halloween fare.

Saturday I got to work through the time change, so 13 in stead of 12 hours. Long fuckin' night. Was very happy to finally get to sleep.

Tonight Jill and I went out and saw Pride and Glory. Didn't know much about it going it and it was ok. Well done cop drama with Ed Norton and Colin Farrel. Not overly interesting tho. No formulas broken. No interesting takes, just the standard good cop, dirty cop deal. I'd rate it somewhere in the Meh. to +1 chainmail area. But we had a good time anyway.

I am glad I went out because if I had of sat at home and watched my fantasy team get beat again I'd be completely pissed. I got one of the top scores again, currently second highest (although that will probably change with Monday Night's game) but I still lost. I keep getting crapped on and it's wearing thin.

Sadly I will not be watching said Monday Night game featuring my beloved Steelers, as I am going to see Nine Inch Nails in Greensboro. Gonna be fun. Wonder if there will be protestors there. nah, the right wing types will be saving their energy for harrassing minorities at the polls on Tuesday.

No comments: