Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Prawns and prejudice

I don't know why but I can't get over the feeling that it's Monday. This suck as I feel like my weekend is going way too fast. Whatever.

I went to see District 9 and it was fantastic. Very well done and I loved the lead guy's transformation. Both literally and figuratively. I'm worried there may be a sequel and ruin it, but it was damn good by itself. A nice allegory on racism with cool special effects that didn't feel silly.

Gearing up for the TLB Draft this Friday. Feel a little unprepared, but I'm not sure what else to do. It's probably more nerves than anything, as I really would love to repeat (and become the first ever repeat champion.) But I would also like to not suck ass, that's my first goal. Also still conflicted about who I'm gonna take with the fourth overall pick. Got a coupla ideas, but no strong commitment, plus someone I don't expect to fall to me could. Argh, so much uncertainty.

I also finished this book Breathers by S. G. Browne. It's really good. Makes you empathize with the lead zombie character and his struggles. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys zombies with a tinge of humor and romance.

No comments: