Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mind infestation

So here's a quick rundown of the stuff Ive been checking out lately. I'll open with Inglourious Basterds because it's amazing. I'm a Tarantino fan from way back, and this rates as one of his best, in my opinion. I'd say third overall, after Pulp Fiction and Reservior Dogs. Kill Bill is close, but I think I prefer the Basterds. It's not the movie I expected, but it's still amazing. I could rant for hours, but I'll let it go at that.

I read a bunch of Green Lantern comics. Historically I haven't been that hyped about Green Lantern, but some of the newer stuff is pretty good. The Green Lantern Corps and Sinestro War stuff was excellent. I know, I'm approaching the highest level of nerdity here, but what can I do. Not like I have a life, may as well nerd out.

Watched Bobcat Goldthwait's Sleeping Dogs Lie. He describes it as a film with a "tasteful amount of bestiality." I'd agree. It's kinda funny and pretty fucked up. What else would you expect? Worth a watch if you're into weird.

I got the Japandroids' album Post Nothing, which I recommend. It's a duo that sounds like a full five piece rock band and they hit you with a wall of sound. I dig the frenetic pacing. I've also been giving a lot of my listening time to Patton Oswalt's new album My Weakness is Strong, which is beyond my ability to describe how funny it is.

I've also been listening to Adam Corolla's podcast, which is amusing. He's got this amusing, curmudgeonly humor I'm partial to, being a complete bastard myself.

No comments: