Monday, February 05, 2007

Sunday just opened up

So yeah, football is finally over for the year. Sure there is the Pro Bowl, but really, who cares? I spent the evening at Trip's, watching the game in ginormous High def splendor. I gorged on wings, with a side of pizza and washed it down with Newcastle Brown Ale. Arrr, I am manly.

I thought the game was pretty good. Sure the play seemed kind of sloppy in the first half, but it was raining heavily. I didn't have a lot of emotional investment in either team, but am glad to see Peyton win the big one (basically so I don't have to hear them talk about how he hasn't anymore).

Let's see, what else... hmm... Ohhh I finished reading World War Z and it was zombie-riffic. I recommend it to all fans of the shambling undead. (Filet Mignon, or perhaps tasty human brain, whichever you prefer?) I am now plunging into Neil Stephenson's Baroque Cycle, which is an endeavor. That guy is not afraid to put down a complex plot about inherently difficult subjects, particularly the history of scientific advancement. So far it is exceptional.

I also finally watched Snakes on a Plane. Can't say I recommend it, really. I appreciated it for the high comedy that it was never intended to be, but I'd have to rate it Meh. at best. For the record I have had enough of these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane.

No comments: