Monday, September 03, 2007

His moment of power and fame

Hooray, I get to rise early tomorrow. Going to Fayetteville to visit my brother. Sigh, I've been booked for like the last month doing stuff every weekend. I shouldn't complain, I suppose. It's nice to feel like I have a large contingent of people not only willing to put up with me, but who make an actual effort to be in my presence.

Still it can be tiring for someone who is heavy on the antisocial tendencies. I should probably just shut my noise tube and get over it. Although I do proclaim loudly to anyone who will listen that next weekend is sacred and will be a day of rest, but probably not relaxation. Nay, I will be pouring over fantasy stats all day and reveling in the glory that is NFL football. I get so giddy this time of year.

It was nice to have meaningful games being played this weekend a la the collegiate realm, but it's not the same as the pro game. I face Heavens Own in the opening weekend and believe The Evil Penguin can crush them under his razor-clawed flipper and dispatch these holy infidels back to whatever "heaven" they call home.

No comments: