Thursday, February 19, 2009

Airplane food bitch

I'm totally addicted to Top Chef. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but dammit this show pulls me in every time. Each Wednesday I could honestly watch every single previous episode from the season right up until the new one at 10p.m. It's got great competitors, especially the further you go in the competition. Chefs just seem to come with interesting personalities. You find someone to root for (and frequently against) and then just watch as they create gourmet food that you dream about being allowed to eat. I can't recommend it enough.

That said, what I hate is every other show on Bravo that is not Top Chef. The promos alone drive me fucking insane. Flipping out, The Matchmaker and the most heinous bullshit ever, The Real Housewives of whatever city they happen to be in. God, could those people be any more vapid and annoying. As I said, the promos annoy me to the point that I can barely function, I can't imagine what must happen to your soul if you actually watch those shows. After a full season you grow gargoyle wings, breath toxic gas and subsist on a steady diet of newborn's blood and raw sewage.

Finished Christopher Moore's new book last night, Fool. It's exceptionally funny. Anyone with an interest in Shakespeare will love it. It's an adaptation of King Lear, told from a fool's perspective and is so damn funny as to make you roll around on the floor in paroxysms of hilarity. Read it! Now I require food and entertainment. Adieu.

No comments: