Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I will watch the Watchmen, apparently

Finally got out to see the Watchmen movie, which was pretty damn good. I've been a fan of the comic for a long time and the movie held up fairly well. My one beef was with some of the soundtrack choices. They seemed a little hamfisted at times, Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence being the worst offender. Still, definitely worth checking out.

I would, however, recommend leaving your 7-8-year-old at home, because this movie is not for him. But one family in Martinsville did not heed that R rating and I got to watch this with some idiot kid talking through half of it. I thought the intensely violent sequences might have lead them to leave or perhaps the sex scenes, full frontal nudity or even the rape scene may have given these parents pause, but no, they watched all the way through kids in tow. Sad really.

Last night I watched Waltz with Bashir, which was nominated for Best Foreign Language film. It's animated and about an Israeli/Palestinian war, I'm not sure which one. It interviews different people about this war and their experiences and ends talking about this massacre that happened to the Palestinians at the hands of this Christian Phalangist group. This ending is really intense and worth watching. It's heartbreaking.

On a lighter note, if you ever want boobs on your leg, look up this person.

No comments: