Currently I'm watching the 2006 NFL Wildcard game where the Steelers come from behind to beat the Bengals and started their run to Super Bowl XL. Love it! I could watch Jerome Bettis run all day long. Up next on my agenda is the Colts game that nearly caused me to tear down my living room piece by piece.
This weekend I also read Bump and Run by Mike Lupica, which I liked a lot actually. This was my first taste of Lupica's fiction and I might be back for more. I definitely recommend it to Nick, and Adam if he actually read anything besides the NFL Prospectus.
Other things about this past week:
- Slurpees are yummy! (I actually knew this, but had it reinforced on my drive home.)
- Anyone who speeds within 100 miles of Martinsville on race weekend is too dumb to live. I saw no less than five cars pulled over today.
- Shopping for headphones is annoying. All the ones that are rated well are expensive as shit. I saw one pair rated five stars on sale for $995. No thanks.
- David Byrne and Brian Eno's new album "Everything That Happens Will Happen Today" is pretty good.
- I haven't decided if I like the new Morrissey album or not. I may, but need more time with it.
- The Penguins are making a surge into the playoffs and I'm excited. They could be a dark horse if the defense can stop teams catching up in the third period.