Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Vacay update

My vacation is winding down, only two days left and then back to the mindnumbing grind. But it's been pretty good so far.Went on a G-boro trip and had a decent time, although I learned to avoid Steak and Shake. (Highlights of that lesson included a super-slow wait staff, mediocre food and a waitress with a bubble butt and eyepatch.)

The highlight was get together at Mike's parents mountain place. Nick, Abby, Adam, Mike, Shannon and myself hung out, got bombed and had a delicious picnic with Kenny, Reba and Greg. Good times. I do admit that Saturday I was in total exhausted/grumpy mode. Tried to keep a stiff upper lip but after two full days of drinking and four hours of sleep on a sofa I was not feeling my best. Still was great to see everyone and it sucks I don't see those people all the time. (Which Abby will point out is partly my fault.)

Sunday I spent recovering, more or less and I also watched a bunch of Friday Night Lights, season 1 episodes. That is a really good show and feeds into my football jones just perfectly. I'll keep you posted on how I progress with the series.

Today I went to see the new Harry Potter movie with Jill. Due to some really bad planning on my part we had like 15 minutes to eat before the movie, but still had a good time. I enjoyed the movie, it didn't feel as hacked together as Goblet of Fire. Not perfect, but it's never gonna be when you've got that much iconic material to try to cram into a two hour movie (or a nearly three hour movie in this case).

Debating what I should do tomorrow. Thinking of maybe going to G-boro again, but probably shouldn't. I'll spend too much money, but my alternative may be doing very little in Martinsville. I dunno. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

No comments: