Thursday, May 05, 2005

The big cheesebread

My tendency to not update here is becoming more and more prevalent it seems. Honestly I don't have much interesting to report. I've been doing a lot of mowing the last coupla days and have been playing WoW as if my life depended on it.

I finally wrapped up the Incarnations of Immortality series and it just wasn't as good as I remembered it. I suppose that's the trouble with going back to reread things that you read when an adolescent. They tend to disappoint with the passage of time. Whether the cause is simply because it is easier to impress the young mind or if I recall them with a sense of nostalgia I'm not sure.

In other news I'm rereading Fight Club, which certainly provides no disappointment. After I complete that I have Palahniuk's new book Haunted to dive into. Hoping it's better than Diary, which I didn't care for overmuch.

And to finish, a haiku from Fight Club:

Flowers bloom and die
Wind bring butterflies or snow
A stone won't notice

No comments: