Thursday, May 19, 2005

Nerd shangrila

These are the times when geeks thrive. The final Star Wars movie is released, E3 has been going on and there are a ton of nerdy summer blockbusters on the horizon. I'm up to my pocket protector in goodness.

Of course, honestly I haven't paid that much attention to E3 since its mostly been about the next gen consoles that I can't afford. I also didn't make the midnight opening of Star Wars. So I suppose my nerd cred is under suspicion. But really Trip didn't feel up to standing in line and really I didn't want to deal with the nerds I knew would be in line around these parts. I'm sure I'll see it before the weekend is out, but I'm not slavering at the idea as I have in the past.

Watched House of the Flying Daggers and I'm not sure why it was marketed as a kung fu movie. I mean there was kung fu, but it was really a love story and really slow paced. But again it made wonderful use of color and landscapes. I'd give it a Meh. all told, with moments of sheer beauty.

No comments: