Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Freckle bitches

Had a relatively interesting weekend. Got to see Corb after a lengthy hiatus. We had dinner at MiRanchito and chatted (with Trip there, as well). Afterward he tooled off to get back to work (on a Sunday afternoon, that guy is ridiculous) and Trip and I went to see Zodiac. I enjoyed it, but I'm fascinated by serial killers. I know, that's one of those interests that make people look at you like you're nuts, but they are interesting.

What drives someone to take up killing as a hobby? I mean, it's not like these are just stupid people. Stupid serial killers get caught quick. Zodiac was free for years and the main suspect died before being brought to trial. But back to the movie, it did move a little slow, particularly at the 2/3 mark. But I'd say it was +1 chainmail worthy, at the least. Jake Gyllenhal (I'm not looking up the proper spelling so deal) is turning into a really amazing actor. Who knew Bubble Boy would do that?

Monday Trip and I went to High Point to try a new sushi place... which was closed. Well the hibachi stuff was open, but not the sushi. So we bailed and decided to head to Leblon. It's this Brazilian restaurant where they bring meat skewered on swords to your table and cut off as much as you want. You have a little sign for them to keep coming or not. It was quite tasty. My question was if you have one meat wrapped in another meat is that like a double negative? Could that make you a vegetarian? My only real complaint about the place was that the bacon wrapped filet mignon was a little overdone for my tastes. Still very nice.

No comments: