Friday, October 12, 2007

Who remembers the Armenians?

Certainly not our president. Or rather, he wishes he didn't. He vetoed a bill to recognize the 1915 slaying of 1.5 million Armenians by Turkey as a genocide. I mean, really, what's 1.5 million people? Bush is on a veto streak and didn't want to break it. Genocide? Nah. Healthcare for kids? Who needs it? Incidently, the title of this post is a quote from our old pal Adolf Hitler to justify his genocide on the Jews. Hmm, Bush and Hitler mentioned in the same paragraph... interesting.

Anyway, fall seems to finally have arrived, thankfully. I love brisk weather (it's my penguin nature). Work was blah, not surprisingly. Gonna be stressful tomorrow, with the baseball game crushing my usual routine.

When I got home I plunged forth into Halo 3, playing the second level on Legendary difficulty, which lives up to the name. I tell you, playing that stuff co-op is soo much easier than alone. I may try to play through the whole damn campaign alone, but I may run out of steam before that. Still, I'm really enjoying the game now. It's engrossing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you play Halo 3, I'm with you in spirit...
I'm gonna try to swing getting a 360 around the new year. You & Nick got me itching for some first person action. I'm definitely ready to get my geek on.