Monday, February 25, 2008

Black sun in a white world

Spent the evening at Trip's watching the Oscars. I love the Oscars and tonight I actually figured out why. I love lists. They provide a wonderful start for conversation and discussion and I enjoy that. The Oscars is essentially a lot of lists that ultimately turn into another lists and provide debate options for all time.

The Oscars didn't seem to hold a lot of surprises really and there are several movies that I still need to see, the top of the list was There Will Be Blood. Daniel Day Lewis is the man. I also want to see Persepolis, the black and white animated movie.

Hmmm, other news... I read the fifth of Orson Scott Card's Ender books, Ender's Shadow, and it was worthwhile. Probably the second best of the books in the series so far. I may head to the library and get a couple more of them since they do make my overnight work time go quicker. I started KJ Parker's Devices and Desires, which is good a couple hundred pages in.

Still missing my Xbox 360. I picked up a collection of old school Sega Genesis games to play on my PS2 and looked at a few of those this afternoon. Some Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Vectorman and three, count em, three Phantasy Star games which I am gonna try to get into soon.

No comments: