Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I'm talking gourmet shit

What an eventful few days. Got to experience the pure joy of watching the Patriots going from the best team ever to the biggest disappointment ever. How sweet is that? And such a compelling game, if only I hadn't of had to watch it at work with people who don't really give a shit about football. Ahh well, at least I'm getting overtime for watching football.

As some of you may know, I had to work during my office's Xmas party. Not a huge deal really with my antisocial nature and all, but it paid off for me. I got a $50 gift card to the 202 Market where they had the party and Trip and I made use of it tonight. That was some serious gourmet shit, man. And I'm glad I had the gift card since I still paid more than I like to even with the card.

But it was so worth it. I debated cheaping out, but said "What the hell?" and went for a steak. It was heavenly. Add a glass of wine and Radiohead on the stereo and I was thrilled. I wanna go back... of course, that means I need to save up and wait for a celebratory occasion.

Also Gamefly has shipped me Call of Duty 4 and I played a little bit of that. It's so beautiful, even on my standard def. tv. I had to take it out, just cause I want to beat COD2 before I get into it because I know I won't go back otherwise. Still I'm fighting the urge to get online and shoot some people in the face.

I also read Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game and the first of it's sequels Speaker of the Dead. Good stuff. Probably gonna have to hunt down the rest of the series. But right now I'm re-reading Neuromancer, which I recommend to anyone with a passing fancy to sci-fi. William Gibson is not an author to be trifled with.

No comments: