Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The end of the world as we know it and I feel fine


Today could honestly be the end of the world. No really. I'm not kidding. The reason behind this potential armageddon is the Large Hadron Collider located under the Alps goes into use today. Some posit that this atom smasher could hurl matter around a 17-mile circumference so fast that it could possibly create a black hole, destroying the entire Earth.

Another (remote) possiblity is that it could recreate the "Big Bang." This would set the creation of a whole new universe into motion, ending ours. My big question is would a French or Swiss physicist then become the god of the new universe? I mean not in the all powerful buddy in the sky watching out for all the little children, but in just the creation sense.

So enjoy your Wednesday. It could be your last.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the Mayans were right. (12/21/12) Who would have thunk it all had to go down like that- we all get vaporized in less than a nanosecond. I am serious and it is possible. I heard about that thing and it honestly scares the ever living crap out of me. Maybe we should call in an air strike and sabotage that thing.
Anybody? Anybody?

Adam

eric said...

Such a warhawk eh Adam. Always looking to bomb someone or something. No wonder you vote Republican.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am always conscientious for a target rich environment. That's why I'm looking forward to Week 13 with you.

Let not your heart be troubled- McCain/Palin 2009.