Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bang crash a wakka wakka

So I watched the final episode of this year's Heroes last night and I gotta tell you, it's not that great. Everything is sooo incredibly convoluted, with time travel, heroes turning bad, villains turning good, two opposing companies (neither of which has clearly defined goals) and last but not least, serious plot holes. I wanna love this show. I loved it when everyone was bitching last season about Hiro being in medieval Japan, but it's just going off the deep end. I'm not giving up on it yet, since they rehired the writer from Pushing Daisies, but it's got to prove itself to me.

Laid a supreme smackdown to Trip in NHL 09 last night, which was necessary after all his shit talk. He won the first game, I won the second and in the rubber match I threw him a 4-0 beatdown. Took all three stars and am now reveling in my victory. It's the little things that make life worth living.

Currently I'm listening to a ton of new music, trying to suss out what was good from this year. Pitchfork has down the top 100 tracks of the year and is going to do albums over the next couple of days. Don't worry, most of you will have no idea of who or what they are talking about. You shouldn't feel bad about it. I spend some time trying to keep up with what's going on in music and am hopelessly lost most of the time.

No comments: