Saturday, April 25, 2009

This post brought to you by Tylenol Cough Syrup

Halfway through the work week and thought I'd drop you all a line. Work blows, nothing new there. I'm still dealing with allergies, although they seem to be receding somewhat, although it could be a ruse.

Spent part of the evening talking to my brother, which was cool. We both talked longer than we intended and I fear it was mostly my fault. I find myself keeping people on the phone way too long when they call me, just because I talk to people so seldom these days. Well, people outside of my normal few I see. Hopefully it's not too annoying for my victims.

I continue reading Last Man Up, which is good. It's very well put together, with stories about individual players creeping in when you least expect it and keeping everything fresh. Still I find it hard to not root against the people featured. (They are Ravens after all.) Still I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to read a book on NFL life.

Speaking of football today is the draft and I'm looking forward to seeing how that turns out. The Lions already signed the "bauble" I talked about in my last post instead of keying on the big men in the middle. I say it worked pretty good for Miami last year, why not follow that example if you're the Lions? But hey, what does Parcells know about building competitive teams? I mean it's not like he had a greatly improved line help make a mediocre QB look sharp... oh wait, that's exactly what happened. And Pennington didn't have any Calvin Johnson to target either.

As for the Steelers, I'm hoping for either a solid offensive lineman or a corner in the first round. But whatever happens, I feel confident the right play will be made for the team. My faith in the Steelers scouts and GM is strong. (One of the few things that'll get me to talk about faith, that and the general stupidity of most people.) Off to bed now.

No comments: