Monday, June 01, 2009

Just small things

Yeah, I'm glad the work week is done. It's been a bitch this week. Actually, it hasn't been that bad, but lots of little bullshit added up into a crappy week. Work moved very slowly and I was bored a lot. The book I was reading, Palahniuk's Pygmy was just not as good as I hoped it would be. The Penguins went down 0-2 in the Stanley Cup finals (don't get me started, I loathe the Red Wings with every fiber of my being) and Lebron was knocked out of the NBA playoffs.

Yeah, I'm a Celtics fan, but if Boston can't win then I was rooting for the Cavs because you can't hate on Lebron. Also the Lakers are in the final and probably going to win, which means I have to hear Mike crow about it. Anyway, that's a lot more NBA talk than I wanted to get into.

The week kinda started bad, with me seeing Terminator Salvation. It wasn't good. I mean it had some pretty effects, but it was written for the brain dead. I'm not one of those, so it annoyed me. I would recommend you avoid this movie unless you are drunk or want to shout at the screen with your friends in a MST3K fashion.

After work I settled in with a couple of Tecates (Hellboy's favorite beer) and played the new Wolverine movie game. It's actually decent. I had some fun slashing people to death. Kinda cathartic. Just what I needed to get all that vitriol out of my system. Ok, not all the vitriol. It runs pretty deep in my bitter heart. But definitely worth the effort.

No comments: