Friday, March 21, 2008

Fisted Sister

So today I found out that I am responsible for the current recession this country has fallen into. I'd like to go on record and say "T'm sorry." You see I started a 401K in December and that's when things really started to turn for the worse. I got my first statement today and every single one of my investments lost money. Even the ones that were supposed to be fairly conservative. So, once again, to all of you losing money in the stock market, I'm very sorry I tried to save for retirement and caused everything to fall to shit.

In other news, I was listening to Chicago Public Radio podcast Sound Opinion (which is a solid music podcast) and Bob Mould was on the show. He was promoting his new album, District Line, and it caused me to remember how much I love this guys music. He shreds the guitar, it's hypnotic. It's not like a metal wank solo either, it's just thick and noisy and strums the very chords of my soul. So I went to iTunes and bought it. Haven't listened to much of it, but it's good so far.

Played a little Bioshock on Tuesday evening. By a little I mean like five solid hours. It's excellent, pulls you right into this underwater world of weirdness. I meant to play some more last night, but felt in more of a mindless mood and decided to shoot people in COD4 online and that was fun. I blasted Slayer's Reign In Blood album on the headphones and threw lead at opponents for a while and it felt therapeutic.

Oh I also watched Michael Clayton, which I would describe as a much darker version of Erin Brockovitch, minus the pushup bra and smile. George Clooney is the man tho. Tilda Swinton also probably deserved that Oscar. Good stuff, despite moving fairly slow at the beginning (foot massage).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw a movie once. And it was good too. That's all I have to say about that right now.