Friday, April 01, 2005

Magic crunch berry tales

Man I am beat. I got up early (10 a.m. is early to some of us) and rolled up to Roanoke with Mike and Nick for Adam's "Bachelor Party." Now I know that the term bachelor party brings up images of drunken hijinks and crazy strippers, but this one was pretty low key. We played some poker, got a little Halo 2 action and then went to a sports bar for dinner. We played more poker when we returned.

Poker-wise I did ok, I think I ended up up like $20, which I used to buy dinner. So that worked out nice. I coulda probably been up more, but I took a gamble at a decent sized pot after dinner and it didn't work out. Cest la vie.

At Halo 2, I ran some hoes. They play no shields and just rifles on the map. It was an essay in destruction. I was a little concerned about being competitive going in, as playing online has given me a whole new sense of humilty in the Halo world, but really none of those guys have Xbox Live and weren't prepared for the time of game I got.

Dinner was good too, the wings were kickass. I got some boneless Thai flavored wings. Mmmm, the perfect synthesis of spicy and asian flavor. Trip, I'm telling you, we should hit that place up sometime.

Anyway it was pretty damn cool hanging out. Kevin made an appearance, but had to leave early. I'd have given him a harder time, but it is his daughter's first birthday. So it was def. cool he made time to come out and hang. Hell I think it was cost effective for him too, as when he left, he was up in the poker game.

No comments: