Saturday, April 09, 2005

Wishing I were dead isn't the same as being suicidal

Thursday night Trip and I went to see Sin City and, man, is that movie awesome. It's fan-fucking-tastic. It's seriously like watching a comic book come to life right before your eyes. The stories are fantastic and the style Robert Rodriguez used was amazing. Far and away my fav. character was Marv, the brutal thug with the heart of gold. Mickey Rourke made me love him. At this moment I'm say it was a filet mignon film, but given the fallow period I could see it moving into the elite headcavingly orgasmic rating. It's that good.

Yesterday I got a new bank account, finally, and hit the public library. While looking around the biography section I blundered upon the cds. Man, whoever picks the cds that the library gets is a lot hipper than I expected. They had tons of good alternative music. Liz Phair, Juliana Hatfield, The Pixies!!!! I never expected to see those names in Martinsville. I ended up checking out a Bob Dylan live album and Concrete Blonde's Bloodletting album.

Anyway it's race weekend, so I'm probably not gonna leave the house if I can help it. I don't want to wade out into the mullet-infested masses.

No comments: