Saturday, May 20, 2006

War inside my head

When it rains, it pours like a bastard. So remember when I mentioned that I picked up some overtime hours to make paying my bills easier? Yeah that definitely happened. I picked up two extra shifts, which I was fine with. Of course, today I found out that my weekend shifts are gonna be longer than normal too. So while the money is gonna be nice, I'm gonna be a bag of shit after this is done... actually probably well before it's done. Ahh well, I shouldn't complain I did have a 18 month vacation beforehand.

Not much else going on, I finished In Cold Blood and it was good overall. I'd say for innovation it deserves a foot massage, but for strict readability for today's audiences I'd lower that to +1 chainmail. But definitely worth the time. I have now moved into complete pulp, reading a book on Warcraft. That's right, more video game novels. What can I say, I'm a sucker for this sort of thing. My nerd cred is unshakable.

I've been listening to a lot of hardcore tonight, so I'm kinda upbeat despite the late hour. It started with Suicidal Tendencies on the ride home. Man I love it when they rip it up. It is impossible to deny music that could be the soundtrack to a riot... or in fact, could start a riot. If you recall, ST wasn't permitted to play L.A. for just that fear. I'm now exploring the aggressive world of Agnostic Front, which is a truly great name for a band.

No comments: