Sunday, July 23, 2006

Unhappy, just as you were

Well I made it home. It was a grueling drive home, but I'm here. I'm just beat for some reason. My eyes felt all dried out and didn't want to open when I blinked. Work seemed to be going at half speed. I did use the time wisely tho, finishing Reading Lolita in Tehran and getting through a lot of Stranger Than Fiction as well.

Reading Lolita was really good. I've talked with friends in the past about having no idea how Islamic women survive. This book gave me an idea of what goes through some of their minds. I still can't claim to understand them completely, but then I really don't get the whole faith thing. That separates me from a far greater group than just Muslims. Still this book was inspirational and made me want to study more literature. I'd say it's filet mignon.

Driving home I was listening to Jane's Addiction's Ritual de lo Habitual album and it's still awesome. It's one of my all time favs. I have so many memories wrapped up in that album. My fav. song is Then She Did, which seems to me to be Perry Farrell remembering his mother and a lover that died. He paints a vivid picture in my head with his voice: nostalgic, loving and a little sad that they are gone. It is captivating.

No comments: