Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Come join me in my fantasy world

Well I have been reprimanded for not keeping this a daily affair, but honestly I don't have a lot to write about. I know my adventures throughout the wonderful land of Azeroth are not exciting to most and so I keep them to myself, by and large. Other than that I'm not doing a lot. I continue to try and find a decent job, but at this point I may start looking into getting a clerking job at a convience store. I'd quote the movie Clerks liberally ... wonder if that'd cause problems?

Any I did finish the new Terry Goodkind book Chainfire this weekend (when I couldn't log into the WoW server). It was good, a nice return to form after his last departure. My only problem is that it is essentially half of a story. Now I know that this type of fantasy writing involves lots of sequels and stories of an epic nature that require more than one simple book, however this is taking it to the extreme. I read nigh 700 pages of self doubting and delusion that couldn't have been true (it would have rendered the first 8, 9... 40, however many books are in this series void and that can't happen).

Anyway after reading all that we get to a starting point really and the book ends. It's too much to take. Now I have a year or more to forget the lead in before the next book comes out. It's why you should only read books by dead authors. Anyway I'm giving it a +1 chainmail rating as it is the only rating that seems appropriate.

I think my next post will be about the number 1.618... but who knows when that will be.

No comments: