Monday, January 31, 2005

I live cement

I have had an uneventful, but not unpleasant weekend. Saturday the snow was gorgeous before it turned into sleet. I love waking up and watching it snow, it's a small pleasure that I relish. I spent the day playing WoW and eating Hostess products ... oh and the rents fixed chili, which I also ate far too much of.

Sunday the snow had disappeared and the ice storms predicted didn't pan out. Corb picked me up and we headed to Trip's for fun and frivolity. We watched The Pixies (my all-time favorite band) on Austin City Limits (PBS is cool?). That was awesome. They don't look the part of rock stars, but the music is simply amazing. They ended with Caribou, which is one of my favs.

After that we ran some Halo 2 and my skills seem to be returning somewhat. I'm still not at my peak, but I'm not as obsessed with that game as I once was.

So far today I've applied for two jobs, one for a research asst./writer and one for a proofreader. Here's to hoping something panned out.

No comments: