Sunday, January 16, 2005

Muy feo

Now watching: Eagles-Minnesota

Yesterday's game led me on an emotional roller coaster that I'm not sure I want to ever ride again. The Steelers managed to overcome the upstart Jets in overtime, but man was it ugly. Roethlisberger finally looked like a rookie and offensive mistakes kept the Steelers struggling. Fortunately Pittsburgh's defense completely shut New York down. Well that and the Jets kicker decided to double down on being the goat. That guy will not be playing next year.

Throughout the game my heart was in my stomach and I knew, just knew that the Steelers season was over. Somehow they came through with the win and I can't say that everything sucks. Now the question is how will Big Ben react to this game and play against a huge challenge next week?

I watched the game at Trip's, after planning to watch it at Danny's. Danny's son Austin didn't take kindly to the change in plans. He wanted me over there, but it's for the best. I would have been a bad person to have around a child during that game.

After the game, I had to leave Trip's because his mom went back to the hospital. She's had heart problems this week and I know it's been tough on Trip. Here's to hoping that she feels better and has no more problems.

No comments: