Thursday, May 17, 2007

Festus pulled out his Roscoe

Sooo my weekend has come and gone. It was fun, had sushi, played games, watched a bunch of episodes of Heroes. So good times.

Today I made my way back to work and well into my drive I realized I had forgotten my cell phone. I felt completely isolated. I'm telling ya, it was disconcerting. It's not like I'm constantly on the thing, like a lot of people, but it's good to know I can be reached if necessary. Orrrrr should my Jeep decide to crap out it's nice to know I can have someone fetch me. But I survived.

Today the Halo 3 beta started, but I'm not taking part. I resisted the temptation to spend $55 for a game I don't really want just for the privilege of testing Halo 3 for three weeks. I tried to rent it from Gamefly, but plenty of other people had the same thought I imagine. Still I'm hearing good things and will be able to try it out a little next week at Trip's (he did get Crackdown via Gamefly and so can play the beta). Plus the release date for Halo 3 is set for Sept. 25 now so that's not too long anyway.

Well I'm off to play some games and try to catch up on my podcasts. I'm way behind with like 30-odd podcasts in my queue. Gotta start cutting some of them out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric, have you seen this- "Pan's Labyrinth"? It's on my waiting list. I haven't heard of it, but the trailer looked good. It's kinda of a sci-fi & a fairy tale mix.

Leg Hound

eric said...

Haven't seen it yet, but I want to. It's directed by the same guy who did Hellboy and was supposed to be fairly good. Kevin liked it and said it was pretty dark.