Friday, July 13, 2007

Ooooohhhhhh on the Edge of...

Couple of things I wanna talk about. I'll start with Harry Potter. The final book is coming out next week and I've got a few predictions for things that will happen and want them on the record. Basically so I can say "I told you so" if I'm right and let them drift into obscurity if I'm not. Here goes:
  1. Harry will not die. Don't think J.K. Rowling is gonna want to let him go like that. He may be a horcrux, but that doesn't mean he has to die. It is a magical world after all.
  2. Snape will die. He will die protecting Harry and prove Dumbledore right. It just doesn't make sense to have a major character like Dumbledore give second chances to someone not deserving of them.
  3. Harry and Ginny will end up together. As will Ron and Hermione. Also Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom will end up romantically linked.
  4. The person who stole the last horcrux, (R.A.B) is Sirius' brother Regulus. That may be obvious, but I thought I'd get it down in case it's only obvious to me.
That'll wrap that up. I'm expecting a happy ending overall. I'm hoping for one, actually.

I'd like to welcome Nick to the ranks of XBox 360 owners. He's probably only gonna be playing football games on it, but he'll still enjoy it I'm sure. I'm hoping to play him at something, but may have trouble finding a time when we're both awake and available to play.

I started playing TMNT last night, which is an awful game. It's just not very well designed. That said, I'm enjoying it. It's been a long time since I played a game with these platform elements and I find I'm enjoying them more than I remembered doing... well aside from playing Super Mario Bros. 3 with Trip and Corb a few years back.

I finished reading A. Lee Martinez's A Nameless Witch (foot massage) and it's pretty good. He write these pulpy books with a dry wit and humor. My favorite so far has been Gil's All-Fright Diner, which combines goofy vampires and werewolves with Lovecraftian themes for pure chewing satisfaction.

No comments: