Monday, July 23, 2007

This is what I came to do

I've been fighting off a low grade depression the last few weeks with some success, but it's still there in the back of my mind. I've been trying to distract myself with some things, but a lot of little things keep coming up. For one, I can't log on to my fantasy football site. I know that seems like a dumb thing to be depressed by, but it's just one little thing that gnaws at the back of my mind. It has sapped all my fantasy football interest at the moment, since there is nothing I can do about it until EA contacts me again and fixes it.

One of the less minimal things is that my Jeep is still not running at 100%. It will do ok for a day and then I'll notice a familar, albeit brief flutter in the engine. I wouldn't worry about it so much, except I'm certain that when I drive it to the beach it'll break down completely. That's how these things work. I've been debating buying a new car, but I'd like to have a substantial down payment to start things off. I dunno.

I read the new Harry Potter book at work Saturday night. I enjoyed it, although some of the reasoning behind why things happened seemed very deus ex machina to me. Still it was good. I won't get into the details yet. Give some of you people a chance to finish it without finding out the whole plot ahead of time.

Further thoughts on All Pro Football 2K8: I really, really miss the dynasty mode. I liked constructing my team from the ground up, but it seems like there is nothing to do after that. Also I was playing last night, got to halftime and the whole thing locked up on me. Annoying.

All right, I suppose I'm done. I'm just looking forward to going to the beach in a couple of weeks. I need a real break from everything.

No comments: