Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised

So yeah, I've been having a fucked up time this week. I'm not gonna get into specifics, but I'll say it sucked. But I'm not gonna talk about that, I'm gonna talk about the cool shit that's happened instead.

First off I got a couple of X-mas gifts (in spite of the fact I had declared the Holiday cancelled in E's world, but I won't belittle my friends' generosity). Karen sent me a nice Delaware Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement coffee mug thingie that was pretty cool. I think I may actively try to get some moonshine in it at some point just for the sweet irony.

Trip came through with his usual cool gifts. He has a knack for finding little things that I enjoy (and it's not just me, he's really good at finding cool stuff for everyone). He got me Jade Empire, which is a game I'd been debating getting for a long while and it's very cool. He also got me these cool rubber bracelets that are a spoof of the Livestrong bracelets I'm sure most of you have seen. He got me three of them, Despair, Apathy and Nihilism (one for each of my moods he says) and those are pretty cool.

Tonight I went over to his place and we watched the documentary Murder Ball, about Quadrapeligic Wheelchair Rugby. Man it's good. I'm having a hard time putting into words what this movie does. It's deep and shows people who've really stepped up and made the most of things without making any excuses for themselves. I could stand to take a few lessons from those guys, honestly. Anyway it's filet mignon and you should see it if you get a chance, it's inspirational and touching without being cornball.

No comments: