Thursday, December 08, 2005

Wake up the dying, don't wake up the dead

Well it's good to be back in the digital world. Yesterday around 6:30 p.m. life stopped. That is to say both the power and cable went out. Of course I didn't know the cable was out until after the power came back on (around 3 a.m.) but it stayed out all freaking day. Man was I bummed. I ended up reading through the night by candlelight. You really don't know how dark it gets until the power goes out.

I actually spent an hour or so writing some tho, so it wasn't all bad. The laptop finally pays off! It felt good to write, but I'm not sure if I'm happy with what I've written. It seems to lack depth. I suppose I should just write it and then use that as a starting point to work off of, but it's hard to continue with something you have misgivings about. If course I am the king of self-doubt so I should probably just shut the fuck up and keep in plugging.

Anyway today I headed over to Trip's and we got some sushi action (I had udon noodles and beef, with a california roll) and watched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which was still good the second time around.

I have big plans this weekend. Trip and I are gonna hit Roanoke on Friday for lunch with Kevin and shopping afterward (I'm gonna have to get up at an ungodly hour). Saturday we are getting together with Jeff and Melissa for a X-Mas thing and Jill is supposed to show up as well. We're hoping to get Kevin involved and Corb as well, but no word on if they'll be able to make it.

No comments: