Tuesday, February 01, 2005

I'll pwn your ass back to the Stone Age, noob

I'd like to take a moment to address the topic of shit talking. In particular, boasting after winning at video games. It has come to my attention that some of my compatriots think I talk a lot of shit while gaming. I disagree. I admit to talking some shit after a win, hell why else play the game other than bragging rights?

The simple fact is that growing up, talking shit was much more pervasive than anything I do now. In high school, hanging with Mike, Adam and Nick, I learned what shit talking was for real (I'd also note that my brother Gabe is quite an expert at the fecal discussion as well). Mike will occasionally still bust up some shit talk about how he used to school me at tennis. That talk made a natural progression to video games during my college years, when Techmo Bowl was king.

So I know real time shit talk, I've a long history with it. That said, what I now do is low grade at best. I honestly censor myself over half the time, because I'm afraid of offending fragile sensibilities. But occasionally I have to let one fly, so they know who the man is. (It's me, dammit.)

1 comment:

NickVNC said...

Hey man I am officially out of the blog writing business for now...I will stick to reading which i am better at now anyway. Thanks for checking in though. Later.Nick