Monday, February 21, 2005

Venus in furs

Now listening to: The Velvet Underground and Nico

Well I applied for a job or two today and may try to continue that habit until I actually end up with one. I also dropped off my stuff to get my taxes done. I definitely need that cash and hope it comes out to be a decent amount. Here's to hoping for a windfall.

After taking care of that business I had some time to kill before Trip came home and we could play video games/watch tv so I parked my care in a random parking lot and read. I finally finished the third of Asimov's Foundation books. I know it sounds sad to just sit in a parking lot and read, but honestly it's kinda peaceful. Nobody bothers you and no phones ring. I dunno, maybe I'm just trying to put a positive spin on how pathetic my life has become.

Anyway once I arrived at Trip's we watched some quality tv. I watched the premier of Robot Chicken Sandwich, which is the new surreal action figure show on adult swim. It wasn't bad, although it's not gonna really reach a broad audience. It's pretty much an exercise in the absurd, which I enjoy.

We played a little Metal Arms, which Trip picked up this weekend. It's pretty good. Having played only a little bit I know there is still a lot to figure out, but it was fun. We switched to Halo 2 after a bit and that was fun, except for the morons teaming up in what is supposed to be a free-for-all game type. The sad thing was I still ended up second even with them cheating. You gotta suck pretty bad to cheat and still lose.

Anyway I topped the evening off with the penultimate episode of Deadwood. That show is honestly one of the best things on. Characters with depth, interesting plotlines and wonderfully real dialogue. If you don't mind hearing the word cocksucker as though it were a congenial greeting, I recommend it highly.

I now retire to Azeroth and all it's trappings.

No comments: