Sunday, March 13, 2005

Is it wrong that I always rooted for the Coyote?

Well Trip took me out for dinner and a movie tonight. If he keeps doing that I'm eventually gonna have to put out. Them's the rules.

Anyway we say Constantine, which was ok, but not spectacular. It's one of those movies I went into knowing it could go either way and while it didn't surprise me, it wasn't bad. I'd say +1 chainmail, mostly because Rachel Weisz is really hot. I enjoy the whole catholic heaven vs. hell mythology and this had some interesting moments. The devil was also really cool. However I will never be a big Keanu fan. He's just not that great an actor in my mind.

One trouble I did have was adolescents with cell phones. Turn that motherfucker off when you come to the theater. Why do you need to take a call in the middle of the damn movie? Trip makes fun of me for my usual refusal to go to movies on weekend nights, but this only furthered my resolve against it. Too many schmucks who think a movie is a social atmosphere conducive to conversation. Personally I think that if your cell phone rings during the movie I should be allowed to punch you in the throat. Why don't more theaters adopt that policy?

No comments: